This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Heart of Fairfax High, a 'Hunger Games' Workout, and a Tweeted Spelling Bee
- It's official:
Kelly TaylorJennie Garth and Peter Fanicelli have filed for divorce.
- A gym in Santa Monica is offering a "Hunger Games" workout.
- A Pasadena Star-News reporter live-tweeted a spelling bee in Alhambra.
- Students at Fairfax High rally to raise money for a classmate who was paralyzed from a blood clot in his neck.
- Meditation makes teachers more compassionate.
- A judge has ordered that the majority of a report about the infamous pepper-spraying incident at UC Davis last November should be made public.
- Plus: Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).