Extra, Extra: Tax Dollars for The Ketchup Trial
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Steve Rocco, was found guilty today for stealing a ketchup bottle from a Chapman University cafeteria. Rocco stated,"this is not over," as he left the courtroom. Let's hope that it is over, because it has already cost taxpayers thousands of dollars!
- LAist's own "Recession Obsessed," Caleb Bacon, explained his motives for finding eats on the cheap to The Daily Bruin. With a name like Bacon, you know the guy's the go-to for food recommendations. If you have no idea what any of this means, check here, here, and here.
- LA Metblogs suggests just cutting to the chase with Obama's high speed rail plans and creating a train between LA and NYC.
- Three women were allegedly sexually assaulted last night at USC's Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. The Fraternity has been suspended by the university during the investigation.
- A 3-alarm fire broke out last night at the South Pasadena Public Works Department Yard. Fire fighters were able to contain the blaze from spreading but damages are estimated to be around $1 million.
- Police released a sketch of a man who stabbed and killed a man in Northridge on Saturday night. Police are seeking to secure a reward for anyone who comes forward with information.
- When you're stuck in Coachella traffic this weekend, take a little stop in Cabazon instead of sitting in the car. There's some worth wile things to do that will kill a few hours of time.
- TRAFFIC ADVISORY - - SOUTHBOUND SEPULVEDA TUNNEL TO BE PARTIALLY CLOSED TOMORROW. The southbound Sepulveda Tunnel will close lanes 2 and 3 tomorrow starting at 9 a.m. until approximately 2 p.m. Lane 1 will remain open. Motorists exiting Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) will not have access to Sepulveda Boulevard and the eastbound I-105 onramp.Motorists exiting LAX should expect some delays. The eastbound I-105 can be accessed via east Century Boulevard to Aviation Boulevard heading south. The closure will not affect the northbound Sepulveda lanes. The closure is due to cleaning by Los Angeles Street Services. (via LAX press release)