This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Stranded Sea Lion Hops Into Front Seat of Car
- A Buena Park man was convicted of plotting with his mother to murder another man.
- A female high school assistant principal in Hemet is being accused of having sex with three male students.
- A baby sea lion hopped into the front seat of a car when a motorist stopped to help what he thought was a lost dog.
- A Long Beach man who was falsely accused of rape will live out his dream after being signed by the Atlanta Falcons.
- A fight between black and Latino inmates at an LA jail resulted in six people needing treatment for injuries.
- A 25-pound cat rescued in San Joaquin County was originally mistaken for a mountain lion.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).