This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Harlem Globetrotters Head West
- Power outages this summer might trigger rolling blackouts.
- Officials found 8,000 pounds of illegal fireworks inside a storage locker in Norwalk.
- The Harlem Globetrotters are headed to the OC to run a summer basketball clinic.
- Michael Jackson's pet tiger, Thriller, has died.
- The Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove is poised to become a Catholic church.
- Authorities are on the lookout for a man who's been drilling holes in cars to steal gas.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).