This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra, it was a Con test all Along?
- The Simpsons have their Tire Fire, LA has its Tire Store Fire - LAFD blog
- Some Hollywood women too Busy to shave their armpits? Say it ain't so! - Reuters
- Martini Republic asks "who's the bigger idiot, Instapundit or Bill Kristol?" Which makes us finally understand that IT WAS A CONTEST ALL ALONG! - Martini Republic
- Mom calls cops on her 12-year-old son for opening his videogame before Christmas - Smoking Gun
- Andy Dick is the latest to say "You're all a bunch of niggers" - Defamer
- Lane Garrison, manslaughterer, hires Rebecca Gayheart's successful manslaughter lawyer - M & C
- "Hollywood's sneer at Christianity has been amazingly successful". Yep they're just shuttering churches left and right around the USA - Baltimore Sun
- Portsmouth (UK) wants their own Hollywood Blvd. Hear that, second-rate Elvis? - Portsmouth Today
- Rolling Stone puts Madonna at the top of their Top 25 Women in Rock. This is why no one reads RS for it's music commentary anymore - RS
- Prince Andrew came to Courtney Love's house looking for "chicks". Poor Frances Bean - Daily Telegraph
- Electric, infrared garbage can makes the list of coolest gadgets of 2006 - Crunch Gear
- JD Drew goes to the Red Sox, Maddux goes to Diego - LA Times
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.