This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: In Which a Kit-Kat is Launched Into Space
- Two male porn stars made a synthetic metal album.
- A Kit-Kat bar has been shot into space.
- A Long Beach woman is facing DUI charges after allegedly purposefully hitting someone with her car.
- Filming for the (probably ill-fated) "Hangover 3" will close an OC toll road this weekend.
- A passenger traveling through LAX was found to have a hidden dagger and arrested.
- A new report details alleged abuses by employees of the California prison system.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).