Extra, Extra: Hide your Cocks!
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The identity of one driver caught in the horrific fire on the I-5 Friday night might now be identified by the last call he made. Reports surfaced that the fire in the tunnel was so hot, the concrete began to melt.
- But, things are going smoothly today, officials said. Or as smoothly as rush hour on the I-5 can be.
- A cockfighting raid in San Diego over the weekend netted 4,400 birds at a seven-acre compound. Fifty people were issued misdemeanor citations, punishable by up to one year in jail and a $5,000 fine, and ordered to answer to cockfighting charges. How do you think that conversation goes in jail? Dude, what are you in for? Uh...
- Mayor Tony endorsed an extension of the light-rail train line from Pasadena to Montclair today. He reversed his decision, leaving some to wonder, Did his girlfriend move to Pasadena?
- A gunman remains at large today after shooting a man in Silver Lake Sunday night. Investigators believe the attack was gang related. No word yet on whether or not it was related to this gang war, between "hipsters and homeboys."
- LA Curbed asks: Are dogs vanishing in Echo Park? Coyotes may be to blame, though the Chupacabra could also be a suspect.
- Did Franklin Avenue scoop The Drudge Report on a Don Imus return to radio? Mayor Sam says so.
- It's almost Halloween. Time to start thinking about how quickly you're going to die. I have about 1.4 billion seconds left. Guess it's time to get a move on with Plan B: that underwater pottery store I've always wanted to open.
- Gregory Rodriguez found a reason to revel in the recent Fabian Nunez scandal: "[It] might finally spell the end of the tradition of left-wing, well-off Mexican American politicians and activists pretending to be in the vanguard of the working class." Interesting take. I hope they don't dispel the working-class myth about my favorite, blue-collar, non-cheating Mayor too.