Extra, Extra: Kevin Hart Texted Amy Schumer A "Hostile" SNL Pep Talk
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Three young mountain lions have been found dead in the Santa Monica Mountains in recent weeks. "If you’re a mountain lion in the Santa Monica Mountains, this is just not an easy place to grow up," said wildlife ecologist Seth Riley.
- Vanity Fair's Richard Lawson haaaaaaaated the season premiere of American Horror Story: Hotel
- We'll be sorely missing Vin Scully during these Dodger postseason games (he's out recovering from an unspecified medical procedure). But there've been some good personal essays about the man and his influence on his fans published in the last couple days, like this one, and this one.
- Kevin Hart texted Amy Schumer a "hostile" SNL pep talk.
- This might appeal to Angelenos craving a bit of autumn: a Massachusetts man will ship you a bundle of authentic fall leaves™ for the low, low price of $19.99. Last winter—no joke—he mailed snow to people all over the United States.
- Bernie Sanders will be making a stop in L.A. this upcoming Wednesday. He'll be holding a fundraising event/total rager at the Avalon in Hollywood.
- Jim Carrey attended the funeral of his ex-girlfriend Cathriona White, who died last month from an apparent suicide.
- A burglar in Colorado pooped his pants and left them at the scene; the DNA from the doo doo led to his arrest.
Perhaps watching this scene from The Shining will cool you down a little?