LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The LAUSD is considering a plan to break into smaller components to overcome their heinous* bureaucracy. (*our adjective)
- Looks like gas prices are on the decline...yay!
- Headline of the day, courtesy Squid Ink: "Chick-fil-A Doesn't Hate Gay People, It Just Wants Them to Eat Chicken & Not Get Married"
- For the truly studious: James Franco will teach a class about being James Franco
- A photo exhibit focused on Global Warming hits Santa Monica
- Are you a designer who emphasizes sustainability? Then there's a competition you might want to enter.
- Coming soon to a roof near you: New "smog-eating" tiles
- Like free things? And live music? And the band Dispatch? Enter to win a pair of tickets to see them at the Greek in June.