This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Failed Robbery, Mayoral Candidates and Stubborn Trees
- Mayoral candidate Kevin James has written a column about alleged City Hall
- Trees planted in the station fire zone in Angeles National Forest aren't taking hold.
- A San Gabriel student has made a film about bullying based on his own experiences that he wants to share with local schools.
- In Hesperia, a man was able to save his mother from a house fire but not his wife.
- Three people were injured when a car rolled over into the parking lot of Bolsa Chica State Beach.
- A man wearing a wig and carrying a skateboard unsuccessfully tried to rob a ban in San Diego.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).