This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Expensive Gas, a Jazzy Hollywood Alley and a Farm's End
- Gas prices increase for the 27th day in a row in Los Angeles.
- Police officers' search for aspiring actress continues.
- The 60 year legacy of Ishibashi’s farm in Torrance has come to an end.
- A 1907 home in Altadena designed by Louis B. Easton enters the market.
- Hollywood's new East Cahuenga Alley (EaCa) has been remodeled and features dining spots.
- The 3rd Annual Los Angeles Animation Festival kicks off Wednesday and will feature new classics and new artists.
- Hundreds of students at John Muir protested the replacement of their principal in a walk out.