Extra, Extra: Discrimination in Hawaii, Charges in a Halloween Hate Crime, and Vanessa Bryant Will Soon Be Very Rich
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Authorities are investigating the shooting death of a man in Lancaster.
- A Southern California lesbian couple is suing a bed and breakfast in Hawaii after the owner refused to let them stay there based on their sexual orientation.
- A Valencia man faces 29 counts of sex-related charges involving underage victims.
- In very unsurprising news, Kobe Bryant's soon-to-be ex-wife stands to make baaaank.
- A 67-year-old man was charged with firing shots at the Chinese Consulate in Koreatown.
- Two suspects have been ordered to stand trial in a Halloween attack against two gay men in Long Beach.
- After abducting, beating and raping an underage girl whom he then forced into prostitution, an Oceanside man has been sentenced to 30 years in jail.