This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Beach Fire Pits Will Be Spared
- A Santa Ana man is in custody after allegedly trying to kidnap a 15-year-old girl on her way to school this morning.
- Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a suspect who may have been involved with a fire at a recycling center in Anaheim.
- A driver is safe after his car flew over the guardrail of the 241 toll road near Irvine.
- An 88-year-old Sherman Oaks man killed himself and his wife, allegedly out of despair for their failing health.
- OC supervisors came out in favor of beach fire pits.
- L.A.'s City Attorney is looking into whether a Nevada psychiatric hospital dumped patients in Los Angeles.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).