This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Another Dodgers Bid, Corrupt Construction, and Are You a Facebook Narcissist?
A recent study suggests having lots of Facebook friends signifies your narcissism.
- Two brothers plead guilty to charges of corrupting construction contracts.
- L.A.’s community of French Jews reacts with great sadness to the shooting in Toulouse that left 1 teacher and 3 children dead.
- Metro intends to release final plans for the Wilshire subway extension that will connect Koreatown to Westwood.
- The richest man in Los Angeles bid on Dodgers ownership alongside Magic Johnson.
- Cal State University System closes spring admission to reduce enrollment and is estimated to effect 16,000 students.
- A 100-year-old building in the Art District was finally remodeled into 38 three-story residences.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.