This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: ALF is Coming
- Local pot stores are selling weed named after Usain Bolt.
- Katy Perry has moved from her multi-million dollar home to a three-bedroom apartment in West Hollywood's Colonial House.
- Local Olympic gymnast McKayla Maroney's disappointed, second-place-finish face has spawned a meme.
- The man who was caught on videotape being assaulted on an LA freeway is now facing charges for public intoxication and public urination.
- There's a nationwide database where servers can chronicle bad tippers.
- An ALF movie is officially in the works.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).