This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Typographical Terrorist, A Hacked Cell Phone and a Dog's Ass
- 31 LAUSD schools have applied to become charter schools.
- Someone calling him or herself a "typographical terrorist" did $3,000 worth of damage too a Redondo Union High School in spray paint.
- The city of Monterey Park is giving away free toilets.
- A young man apparently committed suicide by standing in front of an oncoming train in Dana Point.
- The woman who's accused of throwing her baby from a parking structure to his death has been ruled mentally fit to stand trial.
- The L.A. Public Health Department paid a visit to Toast restaurant on 3rd Street after Aubrey O'Day let her dogs sit on top of a table there.
- "Glee"'s Heather Morris is the latest celebrity to have her cell phone hacked.