This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Hollywood Gigolo, A Ban on Pot Shops and Jehovah's Witnesses at Cedars-Sinai
- Reports by students of odd behavior by Mark Berndt, the teacher accused of binding and gagging elementary school students, may have begun as many as 20 years ago.
- An out right ban on pot shops is under consideration -- will it pass?
- A Jehovah's Witness with leukemia is treated at Cedar's Sinai use a doctor who respects her wishes to not have a blood transfusion.
- Police are looking for a man who stole an off-duty police officer's gun and wallet out of a gym locker.
- Michelle Obama visited the Inglewood site where a new Northgate Market will soon be built.
- Moving trucks took Lindsay Lohan's stuff from her Venice apartment today.
- Post-World War II Hollywood gigolo Scotty Bowers, who recently wrote a memoir about his experience turning tricks in the mid-20th century, gave his first print interview.