Extra, Extra: A Chemistry Experiment Gone Bad
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Votes for and against Proposition 29, which would increase cigarette tax by $1, are still being counted.
- An L.A. landlord has banned smoking indoors in all 13 of their buildings.
- East Valley High School was evacuated after a chemistry experiment went bad -- and a teacher may have been responsible.
- 2500 pounds of marijuana were found on small boat off the Ventura County coast.
- Beware fake Stanley Cup tickets around the Staples Center!
- A Redondo Beach man who allegedly beat and killed bouncer that wouldn’t let him into a bar has been charged with murder.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).