This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Chemistry Experiment Gone Bad
- Votes for and against Proposition 29, which would increase cigarette tax by $1, are still being counted.
- An L.A. landlord has banned smoking indoors in all 13 of their buildings.
- East Valley High School was evacuated after a chemistry experiment went bad -- and a teacher may have been responsible.
- 2500 pounds of marijuana were found on small boat off the Ventura County coast.
- Beware fake Stanley Cup tickets around the Staples Center!
- A Redondo Beach man who allegedly beat and killed bouncer that wouldn’t let him into a bar has been charged with murder.
- Keep up with us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter: @LAist @LAistFood @LAistSports. You can also find us on Pinterest, Storify, Foursquare, and Instagram (laistpics).