LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Meet the largest unofficial dog park in the world: Burbank Airport.
- A LAPD officer who hit two pedestrians with his Hummer and fled the scene was convicted of a felony today and faces up to six years in prison.
- Remembering rain: KCET has a nice photo retrospective of this week's weather.
- Now here's a headline: "California officials secure fresh supply of execution drug."
- In West L.A., Santa Monica Plaza, which will bring 63 residential units above 11,200 square feet of retail/restaurant space and two levels of subterranean parking, will open next summer.
- Legittimate question: "Will California Pot Smokers Be Motivated Enough To Make It Out To The Polls In November?"
- Watch out, L.A! Yoga is not a Christian thing to do, says a Southern Baptist leader.
- Are you liking "Law & Order: Los Angeles"? After last night's episode, "Echo Park," some are still skeptical.