This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Meet the largest unofficial dog park in the world: Burbank Airport.
- A LAPD officer who hit two pedestrians with his Hummer and fled the scene was convicted of a felony today and faces up to six years in prison.
- Remembering rain: KCET has a nice photo retrospective of this week's weather.
- Now here's a headline: "California officials secure fresh supply of execution drug."
- In West L.A., Santa Monica Plaza, which will bring 63 residential units above 11,200 square feet of retail/restaurant space and two levels of subterranean parking, will open next summer.
- Legittimate question: "Will California Pot Smokers Be Motivated Enough To Make It Out To The Polls In November?"
- Watch out, L.A! Yoga is not a Christian thing to do, says a Southern Baptist leader.
- Are you liking "Law & Order: Los Angeles"? After last night's episode, "Echo Park," some are still skeptical.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.