Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Meet the largest unofficial dog park in the world: Burbank Airport.
- A LAPD officer who hit two pedestrians with his Hummer and fled the scene was convicted of a felony today and faces up to six years in prison.
- Remembering rain: KCET has a nice photo retrospective of this week's weather.
- Now here's a headline: "California officials secure fresh supply of execution drug."
- In West L.A., Santa Monica Plaza, which will bring 63 residential units above 11,200 square feet of retail/restaurant space and two levels of subterranean parking, will open next summer.
- Legittimate question: "Will California Pot Smokers Be Motivated Enough To Make It Out To The Polls In November?"
- Watch out, L.A! Yoga is not a Christian thing to do, says a Southern Baptist leader.
- Are you liking "Law & Order: Los Angeles"? After last night's episode, "Echo Park," some are still skeptical.