This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- This heat wave means red flag warnings issued for the mountains in LA and Ventura counties.
- Did the announcement that the Downtown Art Walk is hanging up its party shoes come too soon? LA Weekly has some insight.
- The man authorities dubbed the "Dinnertime Bandit" was sentenced 45 years to life in an Orange County courtroom Friday.
- A Boyle Heights party turned deadly last night when 9 people were wounded and 1 killed in a shooting.
- Like it or not, one Burbank neighborhood is getting a new 7-Eleven.
- Lindsay Lohan wasn't the only lady freed on bail last night: Angela Spaccia, the former assistant city manager of Bell, was also released from jail.
- Why are some women experiencing delays in getting biopsies at some LA County-run hospitals?
- Significant others: The number of couples living together outside of marriage has gone up in 2010.