Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Would you pay $25 a day to legally drive on state roads at speeds up to 90 mph?
- L.A.'s income from police tows has nearly doubled over the last year.
- After one year, Chief Deputy Mayor Jay Carson, who once was an aide to both Clintons, has resigned, but that was his goal anyway.
- blogdowntown talks to Last Comic Standing winner Felipe Esparza about Boyle Heights, downtown and all that funny stuff.
- "A Los Angeles jury Thursday convicted a 22-year-old Latino gang member in the racially motivated killing of a black girl in 2006."
- Two of the five men accused of starting the 2007 Corral Fire that destroyed dozens of homes in Malibu were sentenced jailtime today.
- Which Los Angeles City Councilmember can rock the facial hair? Vote on this poll, which at last check, had Eric Garcetti winning.
- Some housekeeping: Our iPhone app, Istaverse, is working again. If you recently updated and it's still not working, please delete it and re-install.