This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- As many as 27 Long Beach police officers could soon lose their jobs due to budget cuts.
- A woman who worked as a clerk at a La Habra community center has been convicted of stealing over $70k from her employer.
- Steven Slater, the former JetBlue employee who made his infamous exit from his job, will undergo a mental evaluation in hopes of striking a plea deal.
- More people move out of California than into it, according to the data from several moving companies.
- How did Paris Hilton get in and out of jail so fast in Vegas last weekend? Authorities moved her through quickly in fear her presence would cause "unrest" among the inmates.
- Melrose is experiencing a shopping renaissance, says Los Angeles Magazine.
- Weird celebri-Twitter factoid of the day, courtesy Mashable: "3% of Twitter’s Servers Dedicated to Justin Bieber."