Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- A former charter school principal in Canoga Park is said to have "misappropriated $2.7 million in public funds, including more than $1 million deposited into his personal investment account."
- You shouldn't bother them, but if you enter the waters these days, you can come home say you swam with the sharks because it's leopard shark season at the beach.
- Before you plan your Labor Day meal, take note of the this list of the 12 most toxic fish (for humans and the planet).
- And while we're on the food list theme, here are five free Summer raw recipes from Green LA Girl.
- In Glendale, more public art could be on the way.
- And in Hollywood, there's an interesting mural going up at the Redbury Hotel.
- At Disney, dragons are scary, but in that sort of broken-don't-fall-on-my-head kind of way.
- Last chance! Want VIP tickets to FYF Fest? We're giving away five pairs, so enter here!