This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A former charter school principal in Canoga Park is said to have "misappropriated $2.7 million in public funds, including more than $1 million deposited into his personal investment account."
- You shouldn't bother them, but if you enter the waters these days, you can come home say you swam with the sharks because it's leopard shark season at the beach.
- Before you plan your Labor Day meal, take note of the this list of the 12 most toxic fish (for humans and the planet).
- And while we're on the food list theme, here are five free Summer raw recipes from Green LA Girl.
- In Glendale, more public art could be on the way.
- And in Hollywood, there's an interesting mural going up at the Redbury Hotel.
- At Disney, dragons are scary, but in that sort of broken-don't-fall-on-my-head kind of way.
- Last chance! Want VIP tickets to FYF Fest? We're giving away five pairs, so enter here!
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.