Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- How did the LA Times break the city of Bell salary scandal story? Neon Tommy's Paresh Dave details two reporters' story.
- 13 people were arrested at today's Janitors for Justice protest in Century City.
- 14%: That's the average amount the health insurance premium with Anthem Blue Cross will increase under their new and state-approved rate hike.
- Yet another round of recalls for Toyota. This time "1.1 million Corolla and Matrix models from the 2005 to 2008 model years."
- Complete with restaurants, lounges, a ballroom (whoopee!) and a radio station, a new student center at USC officially opened today.
- Eli Broad is bringing a museum to downtown Los Angeles. One artist pokes fun by illustrating in a fugly K&B ("B" as in Broad) suburban style home across from Walt Disney Company.
- Heading to San Francisco? Here are three vegan dishes worth ditching meat/dairy over.
- It's back! Our iPhone app is back up and running. Apple this week pushed the latest version of "istaverse." Look it up on Apple or read our original post about the app here.