LAist needs your reader support
You can power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our June Member drive.
- In case you missed it yesterday, this weekend is going to be heat wave hot!
- California almond farmers, who supply nearly all of the type of nut to the country, are in a fight against the feds about proposed rules.
- In Venice there's a proposal to bring “mechanical automobile lifts and robotic parking structures” to Electric Avenue.
- Happy belated Birthday, Metro Green Line!
- Two LAPD officers were injured in Koreatown today when their vehicles were involved in a crash that also included a civilian car.
- A 40-year-old naked man running around a Silver Lake park was arrested this morning.
- Will Santa Monica really get "the greatest cinema complex in Southern California"?
- WIN! WIN! WIN! We're giving away tickets to next week's concert of Rodrigo Y Gabriela at the Greek here