LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- After seven people became sick due to an E. coli contamination, a Modesto company recalled one million pounds of beef today.
- Besides Ralphs and Grand Central Market, where can you shop for food Downtown?
- L.A.'s El Sereno has a new gateway monument sign welcoming people to the eastside neighborhood.
- A shooting suspect today barricaded himself in a residence, leading to a seven hour police standoff in Carson today.
- "An Afghan girl featured on the Aug. 9 cover of Time magazine after her nose was cut off arrived in the Southland this week for treatment by local doctors."
- L.A. Archbishop Cardinal Roger Mahony is not happy with the Prop 8 ruling.
- Did you see "Inception"? Did you recognize level three as a building at UC San Diego?
- Want to go see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells on Frday, October 15th at the Hollywood Bowl? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!