LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Yes, this was actually up for discussion: Restaurant owners on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica may decide on their own when it's the right time to use curtains.
- Tough times for office space in Glendale; vacancy is at 21.8%.
- The famous Old Glory tree in Santa Clarita is still thriving in its new home.
- And from a tree to a flower, an update on the rare bloom that needs safeguarding during the Ballona restoration.
- Plans for a skating rink in Pasadena have been put on ice (groan!) for now.
- What could be the largest wind farm has opened in the Mojave. Grist explains "why renewable energy needs a boost from Congress."
- Wyclef Jean for President? Of...Haiti?! Yes.
- Want to go see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells on Frday, October 15th at the Hollywood Bowl? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!
Zach Behrens contributed to this post