This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Help L.A.'s neighborhoods out and some do gooding tomorrow, join on in and Serve the City.
- Now that three news websites are dedicated to covering West Hollywood, LA Weekly asks if there will be increased scrutiny of local politicians.
- An explosion at a metal works paint company in South L.A. this morning left one man dead and another critically injured.
- Who really owns that huge 840-pound emerald? A trial in Los Angeles will help determine that.
- A L.A. city panel this week approved the uniquely designed Emerson College to be built on Sunset Boulevard.
- Just a few hours before a planned bicycle protest at the Beverly Hills Courthouse tonight, a collision involving a cyclist has been reported near there.
- Work on the Silver Lake Meadow, a 6-acre park along the reservoir, is set to finally begin.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook and via your RSS reader.