LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Help L.A.'s neighborhoods out and some do gooding tomorrow, join on in and Serve the City.
- Now that three news websites are dedicated to covering West Hollywood, LA Weekly asks if there will be increased scrutiny of local politicians.
- An explosion at a metal works paint company in South L.A. this morning left one man dead and another critically injured.
- Who really owns that huge 840-pound emerald? A trial in Los Angeles will help determine that.
- A L.A. city panel this week approved the uniquely designed Emerson College to be built on Sunset Boulevard.
- Just a few hours before a planned bicycle protest at the Beverly Hills Courthouse tonight, a collision involving a cyclist has been reported near there.
- Work on the Silver Lake Meadow, a 6-acre park along the reservoir, is set to finally begin.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook and via your RSS reader.