This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Two people were found dead this morning after a tire shop fire on the eastside.
- Medical marijuana in Beverly Hills? No, said the city council last week.
- Sad news: back to back blog posts on the LA Times detail the deaths of four marines from California in Afghanistan.
- Dodgers Stadium and Staples Center were among the list of sports venues where health violations were found. But no employees were caught scooping ice with their bare hands instead of using scoops, as the case was at one Arizona location.
- Speaking of sporting venues, will the L.A. area ever get a new football stadium? Developer Ed Roski says his outside-of-L.A. stadium proposal will happen, even with competition from a proposed one for downtown (and fictionally on HBO's "Entourage").
- Dude pulls up to a metered space on Beverly Boulevard with two women, puts a t-shirt over the meter so he would't get a ticket and walks off to a restaurant.
- A L.A. city panel today approved a proposal that limits even more what lower income families are eligible for free dog licenses and other services.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook and via your RSS reader.