LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Need a career? California is facing a doctor shortage. And add to that this about a communication gap: in L.A. County, "47 percent of the population and only 5 percent of doctors are Latino. Statewide, 18 percent of doctors speak Spanish."
- Despite a cap placed on the oil well in the Gulf, oil continues to leak.
- February 6th is now Ronald Reagon Day in California.
- What Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Gustavo Dudamel's $9,950/month rental home looks like.
- Damien Newton and Streetsblog LA is staying put for now!
- Sour Diesel? O.G. Kush? Train Wreck? No, you still cannot patent strains of marijuana.
- Enrollment is up at University of California campuses across the state. An uptick in out-of-state and international students could mean better things for the system's budget woes.
- Last chance! Want to go see Keane, Ingrid Michaelson and Fran Healy on Wednesday, July 21st at the Greek Theatre? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!