This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win Tickets to Keane's July 21st Show at the Greek Theatre
It's officially summer, so that means it's time for some outdoor concerts at one of the city's favorites venues in L.A.'s premiere park. Next week Wednesday, UK trio Keane will be joined by Ingrid Michaelson and Fran Healy at the Greek Theatre in Griffith Park. The show is in support of Keane's latest album, Night Train, which includes some collaborations with Somali/Canadian rapper K'NAAN and Japanese funk singer Tigarah.
To celebrate, LAist is giving two pairs of tickets away, and unlike LAist contests before, you have two chances to pick up one of those pairs (you can also buy tickets here). One way to enter is by leaving a comment on this post sharing your summer vacation plans (or if you don't have any, what you wish you were doing for vacation). The other way is by liking LAist on Facebook sharing the same about vacations on on our Facebook page at this link. For example, maybe you're doing some staycationing, maybe you'll camp on Catalina Island or perhaps you're going abroad.
Full details of the contest are below:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post and/or LAist's Facebook page link. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is to share your summer vacation plans (or what you wish they were if you don't have them).
- Only one entry allowed per person per website (meaning you can enter once on LAist.com and once via this Facebook link).
- Comments will be accepted through Monday, July 19th, 2010 at 11:59:59 p.m.
- One qualifying comment on LAist and one on the Facebook link will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login or via their Facebook account, respectively. The winner must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 3:00:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 20th, 2010 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- A pair of tickets will be held at will call
Good luck and enjoy the show!