This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A 5-year-old boy was thrown from the vehicle during a crash with a suspected drunk driver that killed the child's grandmother.
- Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor remains hospitalized after a fall; the 93-year-old is scheduled for hip surgery tomorrow morning.
- A shooting in Rancho Santa Margarita remains under investigation. The female homeowner shot a male who entered her residence last night.
- The bomb squad was called out to an Anaheim fishing pond and detonated a pipe bomb left there.
- Early morning traffic drama on the East L.A. Interchange as a truck carrying onions tipped over and spilled its load onto lanes.
- The two remaining fires of the three that ignited after lightening strikes in the Hemet area are under control thanks to the efforts of firefighters.
- Want to go see Keane, Ingrid Michaelson and Fran Healy on Wednesday, July 21st at the Greek Theatre? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!