Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Spreading the California love: there was an earthquake felt in Washington D.C. this morning.
- The oil-spewing well capped by BP earlier this week is holding up so far.
- Schwarzenegger wanted to pay more than 200,000 employees minimum wage to fight the budget deficit. That idea is not going very far.
- The feds are giving California money to prevent wildfires from growing.
- Help design how high speed rail will work in Los Angeles tomorrow with blocks, legos and other odds and ends.
- One Silver Lake man who left his pants near a window found them to be stolen when he awoke the next morning. Missing pants ain't that bad, but his wallet was in them.
- Would you like to see this building next to Walt Disney Concert Hall?
- Want to go see Keane, Ingrid Michaelson and Fran Healy on Wednesday, July 21st at the Greek Theatre? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!