Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- An $800,000 salary for the city manager of Bell? Wow. That's a lot more than anyone gets paid around here.
- Justice for downtown residents: a nearly year-old park at LAPD's headquarters is getting closer to having living grass again.
- A cyclist, reportedly going 40 mph in Newport Beach this morning, died in a crash this morning.
- The city of L.A. has purchased a large property in Chinatown now slated for redevelopment.
- The public library in Boyle Heights debuted its $140,000 renovation, paid for by a federal grant.
- A dog park could soon be built at the Palos Verdes Landfill.
- A mummified body found In East L.A. could be the remains of a man who went missing five years ago.
- A proposal for a microbrewery operation in Hermosa Beach is facing some opposition.
- Want to go see Keane, Ingrid Michaelson and Fran Healy on Wednesday, July 21st at the Greek Theatre? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!