This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The coroner's office has released the name of the victim in the Hollywood medical marijuana dispensary shooting from Thursday night.
- Abby Sunderland's brother Zac flew to the French island Reunion to be, well, reunited with his sailing sibling.
- A bicyclist was injured last night after being struck by a pickup truck in Long Beach.
- On the one year anniversary of Farrah Fawcett's death, a cancer research foundation in Beverly Hills was opened in her honor.
- Not only will next week bring higher Metrolink fares, but the some of their operations will now be done by Amtrak enigineers.
- The son of Los Angeles politician and former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez was sentenced yesterday to 16 years in prison for his role in the murder of a San Diego college student.
- Congratulations to L.A.-based bloggers of Swirl Smell Slurp for being named the Best New Wine Blog in the 2010 Wine Blog Awards.