Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- After Mexico's big World Cup win today, crowds got rowdy in Huntington Park by throwing rocks and drinking in the streets.
- A new wine and cheese bar has opened in downtown on 6th Street, adding to a stock of popular nightlife places.
- The suspicious package that shut down North Hollywood High School this morning was possibly a prank for graduation day.
- Will a Target get built at Sunset and Western? Here's what it would look like.
- Grandpa's Grand Theft Auto: a vehicle stolen in Los Angeles 38 years ago has finally been recovered in Modesto.
- Although much of the taxes under Measure R is going to public transportation, it's also going towards highway projects.
- In City Terrace, there's a house going for $79,000. But you get what you're paying for.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.