Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- It's Earth Day tomorrow and Your Daily Thread has put together a calendar of events (and a nice guide to recycling in LA)
- About all that smoke in Echo Park today: it was a pine tree fire on Sunset Boulevard.
- Design plans for the four-level freeway interchange downtown were released today 66 years ago.
- Big Raid: "Federal and state agents arrested 27 people Wednesday in an operation targeting an Ontario street gang with alleged ties to the Mexican Mafia, prosecutors said."
- City Attorney Carmen Trutanich's deputy Jane Usher was not pleased with the Mayor's budget proposal: "So bring on those bogus lawsuits. Deal your drugs in our neighbors. Because this mayor lacks fiscal foresight. He has other agendas. He simply refuses to spend your money intelligently, to protect us."
- And a look into that proposal and the State of the City address with transportation in mind.
- "South Park" creators Stone and Trey Parker have been warned by a Muslim website about their personal safety after making fun of Muhammad, even though the episode took shots other founders of different religions.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.