Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- One architect wants to "Save the Peak" by turning the Hollywood Sign into a hotel... literally.
- While the L.A. Angels of Anaheim were loading onto a bus outside their New York City hotel today, a man committed suicide right in front of them.
- With people coming and going all night and blacked out windows, El Monte neighbors had suspicions something was up. And yes, it was a 700-plant marijuana operation.
- "Labeling Young Dems simply as 'the future' downplays the importance of our demographic now," says the young Democratic National Committee member Becca Doten in anticipation of this weekend's California Democratic Party State Convention in L.A.
- In downtown, the Biscuit Company burglars have been caught.
- Another day, another huge earthquake. A 6.9 magnitude quake struck China today.
- Good news for the L.A. economy. The Grammys will continue their show in Los Angeles next year on February 13th.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.