LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- In the race for California's Governor, independent groups are arming themselves with facts and money to take on Republican candidate Meg Whitman to help out Deomcrat Jerry Brown.
- An arguement at a Persian New Year's party in Westlake Village led to the shooting death of a Pasadena Art Center College of Design college teacher.
- There's L.A. Fashion Week and then there's Concept Fashion Week, meant to strip "away much of the silliness that has come to define L.A. Fashion Week."
- A paralyzed L.A.-based graffiti artist can still make art. Instead of his hands, however, he draws with his eyes.
- Have you met someone through Craigslist's personal section? There's a reality show for that.
- Fun! Downtown's 10 worst eyesores.
- In addition to seven L.A. City Councilmembers not taking a pay cut as they ask city employees to do just that, news comes today thatCity Attorney Carmen Trutanich also is not taking a decreased salary.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to next Thursday's "Westside Connections" concert of the Los Angles Chamber Orchestra!