Win Tix to L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Next 'Westside Connections' Concert
David Rambo (Photo: Randolph Adams)
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is busy these days, performing beautiful music this weekend in Glendale and in Westwood, followed up by a performance next Thursday in Santa Monica. The latter concert is part of their "Westside Connections," which presents chamber music with a twist--in lieu of program notes, works are introduced from stage and there is a question-and-answer session. This is one of those unique value-added aspects that makes LACO a premiere orchestra in Los Angeles. In that spirit, we're giving away three pairs of tickets to the concert, which takes place on Thursday, March 25th at the The Broad Stage in Santa Monica. Playwright David Rambo will join the orchestra to explore the connections between composer Jean Sibelius’s musical works and his own creative output. Also on the program is Samuel Barber's insanely beautiful "Summer Music" for Wind Quintet and Leos Janacek's nifty String Quartet No. 2, “Intimate Letters.” Samples of those pieces are below:
Barber's "Summer Music"
Janacek's "Intimate Letters"
Additionally, LAist readers can purchase tickets at a 20% discount. Click here and select Westside Connections 2. Pick your seats, and then select the “20% off” option in the Discount dropbox on the Order Summary screen. You can also call the LACO box office at 213 622 7001 x 215 and mention “LAist” to receive the discount.
To enter the contest, write a comment on this post telling us what you look forward to this Spring season in the Los Angeles region (maybe it's wildflowers or the later-at-night sunsets, etc). Full rules are below:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is to share what you most look forward to this Spring season in the Los Angeles region.
- Only one entry per person allowed.
- Comments will be accepted through Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 at 12:00:00 p.m.
- Three qualifying comments will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login. The winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 4:00:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- A pair of tickets will be held at will call
Good luck and enjoy the show!