LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Canter's, the food truck.
- It's back. Dead birds in Silver Lake and Stevenson Ranch have tested positive for West Nile Virus.
- Have you filled out your Census form yet?
- Photos from last night's outdoor boxing matches in the plaza of L.A. Live.
- "Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) have laid out the framework for a comprehensive, bipartisan immigration reform bill that would include tougher border enforcement, creation of biometric Social Security cards and a path to legalization for the nation's estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants."
- The gangmember who killed a 4-year-old in Echo Park today was sentenced to 93 year to life in prison.
- Can a great back patio make a restaurant worth it? Cliff's Edge in Los Feliz may just be the answer.
- Google Ads are being credited for helping Republicans win Scott Brown's Senate seat in Massachusetts. We just searched "Jerry Brown." No ad for Meg Whitman yet (or vice versa)
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to next Thursday's "Westside Connections" concert of the Los Angles Chamber Orchestra!
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.