This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Canter's, the food truck.
- It's back. Dead birds in Silver Lake and Stevenson Ranch have tested positive for West Nile Virus.
- Have you filled out your Census form yet?
- Photos from last night's outdoor boxing matches in the plaza of L.A. Live.
- "Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) have laid out the framework for a comprehensive, bipartisan immigration reform bill that would include tougher border enforcement, creation of biometric Social Security cards and a path to legalization for the nation's estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants."
- The gangmember who killed a 4-year-old in Echo Park today was sentenced to 93 year to life in prison.
- Can a great back patio make a restaurant worth it? Cliff's Edge in Los Feliz may just be the answer.
- Google Ads are being credited for helping Republicans win Scott Brown's Senate seat in Massachusetts. We just searched "Jerry Brown." No ad for Meg Whitman yet (or vice versa)
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to next Thursday's "Westside Connections" concert of the Los Angles Chamber Orchestra!
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.