LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Music producer Phil Spector wants an appellate court to overturn his murder conviction.
- Convicted Serial Killer Rodney Alcara took photos of his victims and now that hundreds his photos have surfaced, police want to know if these people were also victims.
- "An attorney and two chiropractors were among a group of people arrested today for allegedly taking part in a large-scale auto insurance fraud ring."
- USC officials named C.L. Max Nikias as the 11th president of the university, it was announced this morning.
- The New York Times assigned a new bureau chief to Los Angeles.
- Five of the six people killed in last week's bus crash in Arizona were California residents.
- A study has found that most Americans want help from the government when it comes to healthy eating. Good thing 'cause the USA pays $152 billion a year due to food-borne illness.
- One month and $3 million to go to "Save the Peak" next to The Hollywood Sign.
- Finally... Some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our new iPhone app.