This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Burbank's Bob Hope Airport's ranking among airports of its size dropped from 12th to 15th in a national passenger survey.
- Over at LAX today, a Southwest Airlines flight turned around and landed safely when they began to experience engine problems shortly after takeoff en route to San Jose.
- Did actress Brittany Murphy take all but 11 of the 120 Vicodin pills she picked up by prescription just over a week before her death?
- Police say the death of a 13-year-old Harvard Westlake student yesterday was a tragic accident, but not a crime. No arrests have been made.
- What became of a family of four from Fallbook who seem to have vanished mysteriously? The LA Times takes a closer look at the case.
- A Santa Ana grocery store clerk was injured in the scuffle that ensued after he confronted three men stealing beer. The clerk was treated for a cut on his head, and two of the men were arrested.
- Jay Leno will be back in his 11:30 timeslot after the Olympics. Now people have begun to speculate just how well he will do
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.