LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Burbank's Bob Hope Airport's ranking among airports of its size dropped from 12th to 15th in a national passenger survey.
- Over at LAX today, a Southwest Airlines flight turned around and landed safely when they began to experience engine problems shortly after takeoff en route to San Jose.
- Did actress Brittany Murphy take all but 11 of the 120 Vicodin pills she picked up by prescription just over a week before her death?
- Police say the death of a 13-year-old Harvard Westlake student yesterday was a tragic accident, but not a crime. No arrests have been made.
- What became of a family of four from Fallbook who seem to have vanished mysteriously? The LA Times takes a closer look at the case.
- A Santa Ana grocery store clerk was injured in the scuffle that ensued after he confronted three men stealing beer. The clerk was treated for a cut on his head, and two of the men were arrested.
- Jay Leno will be back in his 11:30 timeslot after the Olympics. Now people have begun to speculate just how well he will do