LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Sad. The mentally disabled man who allegedly attempted to rob a Monrovia bank yesterday may have been tricked into doing the crime and may be a victim himself.
- The plan to replace Ross Dress for Less on West 3rd Street with the proposed 300-Unit 13-Story Casden Project is drawing criticism from neighborhood leaders.
- Blogger GreenLAGirl on Twitter today recommended supporting the Preferred Alternative for the Expo light rail line coming to Santa Monica.
- Not many signatures: "An anonymous 17-year Hollywood resident has launched an ipetition to limit street and sidewalk closures on Hollywood Boulevard to 90 minutes."
- Watch out for red fire ants. The imported little buggers are painful and the County wants to know if you find any. Currently, they are known in portions of Long Beach, Orange County and Diamond Bar.
- The L.A. County search and rescue team that went to Haiti to help returns today.
- Big changes could be happening over at Metblogs. Sean Bonner talks about the future of the worldwide city blogging empire that he began in the early aughts.
- Besides a Manson follower receiving a recommended for parole today, the original Manson prosecutor in the case died on Monday.