LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- While it rained a lot last week, it didn't rain as much as it did in January 2008 or 2005. (Now, 1943 is a whole other story...)
- The former treasurer of the Little League in Torrance has been charged with stealing over $100k from the organization's coffers.
- A school district in Riverside County has removed a dictionary from its shelves...because it contains a definition for the term 'oral sex.'
- Brangelina is still together, claims a rep for the couple in the face of rumors swirling of the famous duo's split.
- In defense of the role Taco Bell has played in our cultural (and culinary) history.
- A Costa Mesa couple has brought home an adopted Haitian orphan, joining the scores of many Americans who are taking part in caring for the children whose lives were torn apart by the earthquake.
- And lastly: Happy 50th Birthday, Bubble Wrap!