LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- KPCC did a nice profile on a Southern California musician who says Martin Luther King Jr.'s words inspire her environmentalism and songs.
- State politics your thing? Good news! The LA Times has a new blog just for that.
- The downtown area is looking at a handful of future park facilities.
- Mayor Villaraigosa has decided to stay in Los Angeles to monitor the storm instead of traveling to Washington D.C. to speak at a meeting and meet with Obama administration about transportation projects.
- By LA Weekly's count, there have been 14 homicides within the city of Los Angeles so far this year.
- There was a decently sized crowd rallying for Conan in Chicago last night.
- For those who visit San Francisco, old plans to have BART go up into Marin County have re-surfaced.
- Today is the last day to enter our contest to win tickets to see the L.A. Chamber Orchestra with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Bros. Good luck!