LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Hey, LAist won the "Best News Blog" title in LA Weekly's Los Angeles Web Awards!! Thank you for your continued support of us! As always, we are only as strong as our awesome volunteer writers and your participation. That said, we can't be everywhere on the streets, so remember to send us tips to our tips e-mail box and we'll see if we can follow up! Thanks again!
- For those interested in the 405 widening project and the Subway to the Sea may be interested in these two public meetings.
- Having tried this tea before, we agree: GreenLAGirl tries out some biodynamic tea and reports back saying "the greenest green tea I’ve tasted is also the tastiest!"
- Now that former Assemblyman Paul Krekorian is a Los Angeles Councilman, his seat is vacant and a special election is set for April 13th.
- Fan of Benihana? The chain of restaurants are facing trouble and have enlisted a financial firm and restructure assistant.
- Jimmy Kimmel vs. Jay Leno. Jimmy wins.
- An Orange County man who turned himself in after drowning his four-year-old son in a fit of anger after learning he had to pay child support was sentenced today to 25 years in prison.
- New useful tool on blogdowntown: major street closures due to film shoots.
- LAist contributors Andy Sternberg and Lisa Borodkin were interviewed by Fox News last night while at the TiGeorges fundraiser for Haiti.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Concert with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers!!!