Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- In an effort to save California's budget, Schwarzenegger has instructed that the Orange County Fairgrounds be sold. The highest bid was $56.5 million, but the state was hoping for $96 million to $180 million.
- Will they have to join AFTRA? Mayor Villaraigosa and City Council President Eric Garcetti to guest star on All My Children.
- In addition to our story about sharrows (and bicycle sharing), Damien Newton at Streetsblog LA takes aim at the ridiculousness surrounding the bureaucratic process to get them painted on the road.
- What caused the Chatsworth Train crash in 2008 that left 25 dead and over a hundred injured? The NTSB will soon announce the probable cause.
- Pedestrian friendlieness dying a slow death: "City takes a stand against Echo Park newsstands"
- Nice one, California: "It now costs more to insure Californian municipal debt against default than it does bonds issued by the government of Kazakhstan, the central Asian country satirized in 'Borat.'"
- More reality TV not to watch: The Food Network's "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills" was officially announced today.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Concert with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers!!!