This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- In an effort to save California's budget, Schwarzenegger has instructed that the Orange County Fairgrounds be sold. The highest bid was $56.5 million, but the state was hoping for $96 million to $180 million.
- Will they have to join AFTRA? Mayor Villaraigosa and City Council President Eric Garcetti to guest star on All My Children.
- In addition to our story about sharrows (and bicycle sharing), Damien Newton at Streetsblog LA takes aim at the ridiculousness surrounding the bureaucratic process to get them painted on the road.
- What caused the Chatsworth Train crash in 2008 that left 25 dead and over a hundred injured? The NTSB will soon announce the probable cause.
- Pedestrian friendlieness dying a slow death: "City takes a stand against Echo Park newsstands"
- Nice one, California: "It now costs more to insure Californian municipal debt against default than it does bonds issued by the government of Kazakhstan, the central Asian country satirized in 'Borat.'"
- More reality TV not to watch: The Food Network's "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills" was officially announced today.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Concert with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers!!!