LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- In an effort to save California's budget, Schwarzenegger has instructed that the Orange County Fairgrounds be sold. The highest bid was $56.5 million, but the state was hoping for $96 million to $180 million.
- Will they have to join AFTRA? Mayor Villaraigosa and City Council President Eric Garcetti to guest star on All My Children.
- In addition to our story about sharrows (and bicycle sharing), Damien Newton at Streetsblog LA takes aim at the ridiculousness surrounding the bureaucratic process to get them painted on the road.
- What caused the Chatsworth Train crash in 2008 that left 25 dead and over a hundred injured? The NTSB will soon announce the probable cause.
- Pedestrian friendlieness dying a slow death: "City takes a stand against Echo Park newsstands"
- Nice one, California: "It now costs more to insure Californian municipal debt against default than it does bonds issued by the government of Kazakhstan, the central Asian country satirized in 'Borat.'"
- More reality TV not to watch: The Food Network's "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills" was officially announced today.
- Don't forget to enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's Concert with Chris Thile of Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers!!!