LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Happy New Year's Eve to everyone! Just a quick reminder of what to watch out for on the streets and some last minute things to do.
- Netflix vs. the Hollywood Studios.
- As the federal court case over Prop 8, which banned gay marriage in California, approaches, big media wants full access to the trial.
- Today is the last day to vote (for, hint, LAist) in LA Weekly's 2009 Los Angeles Web Awards.
- More on new state laws in 2010: loans, mortgages and the such.
- 2009 ends on a bad note for Governor Schwarzeneger: a judge deems state furloughs illegal.
- A tour bus crashed today near a Rose Parade float viewing area.
- Finally... Some New Year's Eve housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us in 2010. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.