This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Happy New Year's Eve to everyone! Just a quick reminder of what to watch out for on the streets and some last minute things to do.
- Netflix vs. the Hollywood Studios.
- As the federal court case over Prop 8, which banned gay marriage in California, approaches, big media wants full access to the trial.
- Today is the last day to vote (for, hint, LAist) in LA Weekly's 2009 Los Angeles Web Awards.
- More on new state laws in 2010: loans, mortgages and the such.
- 2009 ends on a bad note for Governor Schwarzeneger: a judge deems state furloughs illegal.
- A tour bus crashed today near a Rose Parade float viewing area.
- Finally... Some New Year's Eve housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us in 2010. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook or through your RSS reader.