This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Photo by nicadlr via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
- Police in North Hollywood are investigating what appears to be a gang-related shooting on Saturday night that claimed one man and left 3 others wounded.
- Last night in Stevenson Ranch, during a DUI stop the CHP took into custody a man from Hayward with warrants for sex crimes and deportation.
- Blame technology: Looks like a computer error is to blame for a sewage spill last night in Temecula.
- A director who worked with Brittany Murphy says he warned the late actress about the potential danger of her becoming involved with husband Simon Monjack.
- Taggers don't take a holiday during Christmas in Echo Park.
- Hey, help us out: Where's the best burger in the Valley? The Counter? Boneyard Bistro? Tell us your pick in the comments.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.